In order to be married in California:
- You must obtain a marriage license before your marriage ceremony.
- Both parties must be at least 18 years of age. Persons under 18 may marry with written consent from one parent and a California Superior Court Judge.
- In order to obtain your marriage license, both parties must appear in person at the County Clerks Office and must provide valid picture identification. The marriage license can be obtained from any county in California. You are not required to get married in the county where your marriage license was issued.
- If either party has been married before, you must provide the specific date your last marriage ended and how it was ended.
- Marriage licenses are valid for 90 days. If you do not get married within 90 days, you must purchase a new license.
- State of California
Marriage license information for the State of California.
- Napa County Clerk/Recorderís Office
900 Coombs Street, Room 216
Napa, CA 94559
Phone: (707) 253-4246
Hours: 8:00am-4:00pm, M-F
Napa County Website
- Sonoma County
La Plaza West Building
2300 County Center Drive, Suite B-177
Santa Rosa, California 95403
Phone: (707) 565-2645
Sonoma County Website
Sonoma County Online Marriage License Application